- Is this only for people with road bikes? [+]Yes, Fit4Fondo is designed for people who want to improve their road riding skills. Mountain bikes will be too difficult to ride with this group.
- What if I can't make it every session? [+]That is ok, people are busy and we know that things come up in life that make it difficult to attend. No worries, we’ll see you at the next session.
- I'm afraid I'm not in good enough shape for this. [+]While this group is designed to get everyone fitter so they can accomplish their goal with more enjoyment, there are no specific fitness requirements to join the program. However, we do feel that having ridden your bike at least once per week will better prepare you for the 16 week program.
- How fast are the group rides? [+]The average speed of most rides will be 23 km/hr up to a maximum of 30km/hr.
- What if I get a flat? I don't know how to change it. [+]Don’t worry, you won’t be left stranded. Not only will you learn to change your own tires as part of the program, your ride leader is an expert in changing flats quickly.
- What happens when it is raining? [+]Unless it’s a torrential downpour, rides will continue. Up-to-date info can be found on the website and through Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- I want to learn more about road cycling but don't want to do one of the listed events. Is it still possible to join? [+]Yes, we’d still enjoy having you part of our group. And we’re confident that after riding with our group your enthusiasm to join the events will also increase!
- Where do the rides start? [+]All rides start from Speed Theory bikeshop in the heart of Kitsilano. 2616 West 4th Avenue.
- How do I register? [+]Fill out our online registration form: